Are you looking to buy Varia VS3 Electric Grinder Gen 2 (Black) in Australia?
The Varia VS3 (Varia Stepless 38mm) Electric Grinder Gen 2 features a refined user experience, CNC machined precision parts, a 76.5° acute angle geometry, and precision stepless grind adjustments. With its fine pitched burr thread and stepless adjustments, there is no need to purge the grinder between different grind settings or different coffees, due to the grind retention of less than 0.1g for a 10g dose. Experiment with grind size with the stepless adjustment system, with virtually endless particle size settings.
Suitable for fine espresso grind through to pour over and cold brew, the Varia VS3 is perfect for commercial café environments and the coffee-loving home user.
Whats changed in VS3 Gen 2?
Motor & gearbox has been upgraded to all metal components instead of plastic
Stronger motor at 190RPM instead of 160RPM
With lighter roasts the gen 1 had issues with stalling - GEN2 should still always hot start the motor and feed slowly when using lightly roasted beans.
Better feeding inside the hopper. Now a better polished coating inside to help bean-feeding
Magnet strength has been reduced as it was too strong before
Want to know our own Central Coast Coffee thoughts on this grinder?
PROS: Best Grinder in its price range. If you are looking to spend a little less check out the Opus Grinder
PROS: Quiet, Small, and easy to clean and change burrs.
PROS: Comes with RDT and brush (You're going to want to spritz your coffee using RDT before grinding to reduce static and help get that zero retention with the bellows.)
CONS: Has an external power supply that sits behind it / not integrated
What else do we recommend with this purchase?
Dosing Funnel - To help get all ground in your portafilter and not all over the bench!
Bean Dosing Trays - Help pour beans in easily after you have weighed your beans out.
The Force Tamper - You want to eliminate all those variables and make sure your tamps are consistent each time
76.5° Sloped Geometry - Zero Retention Focus: Using this geometry allows for ideal zero retention conditions, as well as a better workflow in relation to adding coffee to the hopper, making grind adjustments, and 180° access to the dosing cup. This also means that no purging is needed between coffees.
Fine Pitched Thread With 0.02mm (20microns) Of Relative Burr Shift Per Increment - Precision Stepless Grind Adjustments: The stepless adjustment is operated by turning the hopper in the desired direction, achieving virtually endless particle sizes! Each shift of the burr represents a 20μm relative vertical burr shift or 0.02mm per increment. Hopper capacity of 30g.
Refined User Experience: A minimalistic approach to the user experience allows for an expression through fine details. Integrated magnets connect the hopper lid with the hopper, as well as the base to connect with the dosing cup. Non-slip silicone feet are also installed on the base of the VS3.
CNC Machined Precision: The grinder features a die-cast, space-grade aluminium alloy body and all critical parts are CNC machined (Computer numerical control machined) to 0.02mm precision tolerances, providing absolute accuracy and stability when making adjustments and grinding. The main axle and driveshaft is supported by P5-grade angular contact bearings to achieve the most uniform particle size results.
SCAJ 2022 - Good Design Product Award
- Manufacturer: Varia Brewing Limited
- Model Name: VS3 Gen 2
- Electrical Specifications: DC Adapter input: 100-240V~, 2.0A, 50/60Hz. Output: 24 V, 4.0 A, 96.0W
- Grind Adjustment and Scale: Stepless, '0' thru '10', 0.1 increments
- Colour Options: Black/White
- Optional Extra Parts: Black and Gold Titanium coated upgrade burr parts
- Burr Size/Type: 38mm conical 6 core
- Base Material: High nitrogen 420 Stainless Steel
- Burr Material Hardness: HRC58
- Burr Life: 150kg
- Maximum Recommended Continuous Grind Time: 30 minutes + 1-hour rest time after grinding.
- Grind Setting: Stepless adjustment / (20 Micron) relative vertical burr shift or 0.02mm per increment
- Retention (10g Dose): With RDT <0.1g / Without RDT: <0.2g
- Grind speed Espresso: 0.5g/second / Filter: 0.8g/second
- Hopper Capacity: 30g
- Grinder Construction Material: ADC12 die cast and machined aluminium
- Motor: 100W DC motor / 160RPM No load speed
- Voltage: 100–240V
- Torque: 28kg.cm
- Dimensions: 147 x 90 x 310mm
- Weight: 3.2kg
- 1 x VS3 Grinder (Stainless Steel Supernova Burr Installed) - BLACK
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x DC power adapter (Includes selected AC power cord and plug)
- 1 x Magnetic dosing cup
- 1 x Silicone bellows for hopper
- 1 x 5mL RDT spray bottle
- 1 x Cleaning brush
- 1 x Replacement set of 4 x burr chamber springs
- 1 x Allen key (for removing burr housing screws)
Package Weight: 5200g
Why Buy From Central Coast Coffee?
We aren't your average online coffee store.
- CCC started in 2011 and is family operated with local staff in Somersby
- History of reputable store and 5 star reviews
- We are transparent with our stock levels, if in stock every order goes out the door before 1:00PM AEDT
- Our staff drink coffee every day & use these products regularly. Confused or not sure what to buy? Shoot us a message on live chat.
- Discounted Shipping on orders over $120
- Large Facebook Community for like-minded individuals.
- Active on social media - Tag us or DM us!
- Visit us in-store in NSW - We are located 1 hour north of Sydney in Somersby
- GST Registered. All prices include GST when shopping in Australia